Please try out my toolbar for quick alerts and many new features to come!

toolbar powered by Conduit

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Decks That Got a Boost in Power From the Recent Set - STBL

So STBL is out and whille sifting thru the commons and rares at the sneak peek, I could tell immediately which decks just got better:


Grave Keeper's Recruiter

This is almost the equivalent of XX Saber Darksoul for Grave Keeper's. The problem is that you cannot grab the most important Grave Keeper, GK Spy. That aside, being able to tutor monsters from you deck is an amazing mechanic in of itself. This card single handedly opens the deck up to all types of combos and variations. Imagine a build running triple GK Spy and triple Caius. Flip spy, search Recruiter, tribute Recruiter for Caius, search Commandant. I am almost tempted to toy around with the idea as I type this up. I would probably use a skeleton similar to the following:



3 GK Spy
3 GK Recruiter
2 GK Commandant
2 GK Assailant
2 GK Descendant
3 Necrovalley
2 GK Steele
2 Royal Tribute

Tuning

You all probably know that QD Plants is my favorite deck. The deck is one of the top decks of the format and with the introduction of this card, explosive plays involving QD Synchron are now easier to pull off. While everyone is thinking of how to augment their QD decks with this card, I am thinking about the new possibilities of Junk and Debris. With a small amount of effort, a deck that spams Junk Destroyer just as easily as it can spam Black Rose Dragon can be the new direction of Junk and Debris. A bit of tweaking and Chaos Sorcerer and Dark Armed Dragon can even be included in the build. A sample line up would look something like this:

3 Junk Synchron
3 Debris Dragon
3 Ryko
2 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Dark Armed Dragon
2 Dandylion
1 Sangan
1 Changer Synchron
3 Tuning
1 Charge of the Light Brigade
1 Reinforcement of the Army
2 Pot of Avarice

In the past, the deck saw a lot of play but very little success because it ran the Neo Spacian engine. The draw power was cool, but the inconsistencies of drawing those crappy weenie monsters was just too much to deal with. Tuning can be used to replace the engine while at the same time adding speed and consistency to the deck.



If you think that there are other decks that have been elevated a few tiers by this set, comment below and tell me about it.
 
(edit:  LOL, this was typed up and saved as a draft hours after the sneak peek.  Who would have thought that Grave Keeper's would have won YCS Atlanta?)

1 comment:

  1. Your deck strategies for QD Plants on Youtube have helped me out a lot! I played YGO when it first came out but quit for lack of resources and well, deck strategy. I recently started back up and wanted a tier 1 deck but I was afraid that I would not be able to control it. Then I found your channel. Bottom line, I'm still learning A LOT but with your help, I got 20th (out of 60) place at the Las Vegas Regionals. Okay, that's out of the way, lol.

    I really like tuning but I don't run it because 1. it's expensive and 2. I only have 2 QDs (but then again, only 2 rykos for charge). I really like this build and love the Yusei synchros (esp. DW, my favorite card). And with CS and DAD (which I have no idea how to run >.<) in this deck would just crush everything! I'm sorry for such the long comment, but I really look up to you. I also wanted to thank you for helping me out. Keep up the good work! You'll see my name around a lot more, too.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Wichita, Kansas, United States