Right now I'm looking at ways to improve the build and trying to figure out which XYZ monsters would be best. This is the current build:
Some interesting things you'll probably notice in the maindeck
- Pot of Duality. Since I'm not trying to go H.A.M. as often, Duality lets me get to my two most important cards in the deck, Geargiarmor and Machina Gearframe, as soon as possible! They were originally Cardcar Ds but after further testing, I really hated using the normal summon AND skipping the Battle Phase.
- Snowman Eater. Most people will suspect right away that you are running Geargiarmor if you summon a Gearframe first turn and then on a following turn, set a monster. The random Snowman Eater serves to play mind games on my opponent so that they never quite feel secure in just summoning a Thunder King Rai-Oh and passing turn, when I can just easily flip Snowman to kill it or force the Veiler/Warning.
- Trap Stun. This was originally a second Snowman Eater, but after getting my Machina Fortresses Bottomless'ed and Prison'ed over and over again, I decided that using stun would further solve the problem of making pushes into multiple backrow cards.
- Lavalval Chain. This has just been released in the Duel Terminal and I'm itching to get my hands on a few for this and other decks I have in the works. This monster allows you to either dump a copy of Fortress to the grave to be revived by Cannon (wombo combo!) or allows me to place Gorz, Gearframe, Effect Veiler, or any monster that I sided in for the matchup on the top of the deck. If I had Chain on the field from a previous turn, I can easily play Pot of Duality and add the card to my hand immediately!
- Daigusto Emeral. Another busted XYZ released in the newest Duel Terminal that I'm itching to get my hands on. The primary purpose of this bad boy is to get an extra card after shuffling key combo monsters into the deck: Geargiaccelerator, Gearframe, or even Machina Cannon to be retrieved by Gearframe to revive Fortress!
Thanks for reading. Please comment below with your thoughts on the build and things you would add or your experiences with this deck type.