Please try out my toolbar for quick alerts and many new features to come!

toolbar powered by Conduit

Monday, October 5, 2009

Samurai Pussy Cat! XX-Saber-Cat

Monsters: 20

1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Gorz, Emissary of Darkness
2 XX-Saber Faultroll
3 X-Saber Airbellum
1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Rescue Cat
1 Rose, Warrior of Revenge
1 Summoner Monk
2 Gravekeeper's Spy
1 Gravekeeper's Guard
2 Mystic Tomato
1 Sangan
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1 Blackwing-Gale the Whirlwind
1 Cyber Dragon


Spells: 14

1 Mind Control
1 Brain Control
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Giant Trunade
1 Cold Wave
2 Golden Sarcophagus
2 Pot of Avarice
2 Book of Moon
2 Allure of Darkness

Traps: 6

1 Solemn Judgment
1 Trap Dustshoot
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force

This is my build of XX Sabers. The problem with most builds is that they think that the deck can be run as an Archetype. The other problem is that people go for the Highly Explosive, yet terribly inconsistent Charge of the Light Brigade engine. In my honest opinion the only way to run the deck is with Faultroll as tech and to completely forget about the Loop Combos involved. With "One for One" limited, there is no way to get that silly combo off reliably. Running this deck as Cat Synchro was run is the best. Sarco allows you to get easy access to Faultroll, Rescue Cat, or Monk. In most games, if you get out Gottoms and use his effect once, that will be devastating enough to end most games. When I run the deck, I play aggressively and only go for Gottoms when the situation allows it. I cannot stress enough that you should not make getting Gottoms out as soon as possible your priority.

I hope you like my build, if you have any questions leave a comment below or comment on my channel. Also, feel free to visit my website. Peace!

-dubkdad1

3 comments:

  1. seems like faultroll could be a huge dead draw in this deck i would recommend just sticking to regular synchro cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw man. i was hoping there would be samurai in the deck.
    i guess i will just have to be happy with the cartoon reference. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definatly agree on the fact that X-sabers on their own can't run well as an archetype, yet. The idea of using milling to fuel the effects centred around the graveyard, was good, but as you said lacks consistancy.

    I think this is a very interesting take on the deck, but I do have a question of how faultroll runs. Since you only use 3 x-sabers, does faultroll become a dead draw? or is there enough search/recycle of rescue cat and airbellums to prevent that?

    Also, what are your thoughts on fulhelmknight in the deck? Extra X-saber for faultroll, good tuner. but I can see that there might be a lack of synergy with the deck though.
    Anyway, love the deck ^^

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Wichita, Kansas, United States